88 528e races at cold start...

Page 2 of 2

Are you sure it wasn't there before the problem started?
It may also be that your plugs are gunked up a bit from the engine having been run with an improper mixture for a while as a result of the vacuum leak.

No, the computer is just combinational logic. It doesn't have any nonvolatile memory at all, thank God.

I'd check for more vacuum leaks... then I'd do it again in six months or when you do your next scheduled maintenance. If there's one rubber part gone, there are more on the way. --scott

I never noticed any rough idle before, but I am planning to get a new set of plugs tomorrow, and just switch them. While I am at it, I will continue to look for vacuum leaks, and also make it part of my inspections. At least I am more aware now of what a little leak can do. Those hoses do not get any younger, just like myself. Cheers, Frank .
On 8 Apr 2009 14:26:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

The good news is that BMW still has just about everything available for these cars available, so _now_ is the time to totally replace all the rubber parts while new ones are still being made. --scott

Frank H wrote:

I assume that this car doesn't have a check engine light coming on, then? I have a Subaru which sometimes has this problem. Everytime it's happened, after a few times of it happening a check engine light usually comes on, and it indicates a faulty Oxygen sensor.
    Yousuf Khan

Cripes, Yousuf. you ain't no Usenet Neophyte. You should know by now to follow an existing thread to the end first....
;-)