88 535i swapping driver and passenger seats

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to swap driver and passenger seats of an 88 535i? These are leather seats with one lever at the front for moving
front and back, and one lever at the door side for moving up and down. Someone told me the metal parts are built right into the seat so they cannot be separated, but I just wanted to be sure. The driver's seat is losing its support.
i was able to put the passenger seat on the drivers side of my 1990 325i, so it is more than likely the same fit.
snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

How do you do this. It will make my wife extremely happy if I could swap the seats on her 1987 320i.
Regards MW

Correction: These are leather seats with: 1) one lever at the front for moving back and forth 2) one lever at the door side for reclining 3) one lever at the shifter side for moving up and down I hope this makes a difference. Can anyone tell me whether or not these seats can be swapped?

Michael Harvey wrote:

That is on the seat track.

That is on the seat body. It will be on the inside after the swap.

Not sure; think it's on the seat track.

these
Frankly, you'll be able to answer your questions better by yourself. Remove one of the seats by unbolting the tracks and disconnecting the seatbelts and turn it over. You'll find the track attached to the seat bottom with four 10mm bolts. If you remove the other and swap tracks and seat belt anchors, the seats will most likely reverse side for side. At least they have on the three E28s I've done it on ('82 528e, manual; '87 535is power, sport x 2). Lots easier if you have those levers instead of having to work with power to move the seats and then disconnect them while keeping them from falling over.
It is not such a difficult job that you can't change your mind after taking the first seat out. Takes under fifteen minutes, even if you're a fumblethumbs. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)