88 735i Heater Core Fixed But..........

I recently had the heater core replaced in my car and now the wipers don't work, rear parking lights won't turn on and few other problems. Fuses are working and mechanic does not know what's wrong. Help BMW Family....

Reply to
Chris Gloss

Naturally your mechanic doesn't know what is wrong - he caused it! Odd problems do not develop all be themselves mysteriously after some repair is done. If a new problem occurs right after a repair to something unrelated, odds are almost 100% something done during that repair caused it.

It sounds like the "mechanic" disconnected or broke some wiring under the dash. It sounds like you should take it somewhere else and somehow try to get some money back from the original repair.

Reply to
Bob Smitter

He damn well DOES know what's wrong, he just doesn't want to tear the whole dash apart to find the connector that he pulled out while replacing the heater core. Not that I can blame him; it's no fun working in there.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey