91 E34 overheated.

Hi all
Yesterday my car ran into the red, very quick, i let it cool twice and topped up and got home, in slow or standing traffic the gauge shot up, i
popped the bonnet and noticed the water was bubbling, so im thinking the water pump or thermostat is stuck. Its been fine for the 1800 miles i have done since i have had the car in 2 months. I am having trouble finding the parts i need in the UK, i would like a viscous coupling unit too.
Google didnt bring up anything useful. Im in Sheffield and in 2 months im off for a drive in her to E Germany so need to get it sorted.
hope somepeople can help, i still havent got a works manual yet, and never touched a BMW before cheers
Jules wrote:

Haven't you mentioned for a while that you need a new viscous fan coupling? Shouldn't that be a clue?.......

Yes but the rate it went up it hadnt done it like that before. 1800 miles normal driving was fine, i dont drive in rush hour etc.