92 325i 5 speed

what was cause when accelerating my gas pedal to vibrate the gear shifter? also a loss of horsepower until i get to 3000rmps?

A miss.
That is to say not firing on all cylinders.

wait a second here, you replaced the flex disk thingy and you still have the vibration coming thru the shifter? Less vibration than before?
Chris

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

getting vibration its also the gas pedal and the steering wheel. but only if im under 3000 rpms if im above that the car runs perfect???????????
It's called a flex disc or probably more commonly a guibo. That one in the picture was not failing, that sucker had already died and gone to hell!
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:35:12 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"

what would cause it to miss. i am pretty sure cylinder 3 is not firing. the guibo i had replaced a few months ago when i replaced it, it looked like yarn no rubber at all just string
Check also the integrity of two rubber mounts that support the gearbox.
bitmauro wrote:

where is the rubber mounts that support the gearbox?
Look at the picture. It is the drivetrain of my 95 525i on the lift. The two rubber mounts are under the gear box.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/yaofengchen/DSC_1569.jpg
that makes sense. Any idea if those mounts can be somewhat easily replaced with engine / tranny in place.
Chris

Yes and no. The access is very easy because there is only one steel bracket right below the two pieces of rubber. So you can do it by crawling under the car. If you can remove the allen keyed round bolt fastening the rubber to the transmission you will be home free. I found even with the 5 speed gear box separated from the engine and turned upside down the allen key slipped inside the bolt hole so I gave up trying.
Look there
http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E36-Tranny_Mounts/E36-Tranny_Mounts.htm