92 325i 5 speed

what was cause when accelerating my gas pedal to vibrate the gear shifter? also a loss of horsepower until i get to 3000rmps?

Reply to
bimmer92325i

A miss.

That is to say not firing on all cylinders.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Reply to
Psycho

what would cause it to miss. i am pretty sure cylinder 3 is not firing. the guibo i had replaced a few months ago when i replaced it, it looked like yarn no rubber at all just string

Reply to
bimmer92325i

wait a second here, you replaced the flex disk thingy and you still have the vibration coming thru the shifter? Less vibration than before?

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

yes the flex disk / guibo was replaced. its just not the shifter thats getting vibration its also the gas pedal and the steering wheel. but only if im under 3000 rpms if im above that the car runs perfect???????????

Reply to
bimmer92325i

Check also the integrity of two rubber mounts that support the gearbox.

Reply to
bitmauro

where is the rubber mounts that support the gearbox?

Reply to
bimmer92325i

Look at the picture. It is the drivetrain of my 95 525i on the lift. The two rubber mounts are under the gear box.

yaofeng

that makes sense. Any idea if those mounts can be somewhat easily replaced with engine / tranny in place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Look there

bitmauro

Yes and no. The access is very easy because there is only one steel bracket right below the two pieces of rubber. So you can do it by crawling under the car. If you can remove the allen keyed round bolt fastening the rubber to the transmission you will be home free. I found even with the 5 speed gear box separated from the engine and turned upside down the allen key slipped inside the bolt hole so I gave up trying.

Reply to
yaofeng