92' 525i problems

I'm just helping a friend out that isn't internet savvy. He owns a 1992 BMW 525i. Apparently the engine shuts off at idle, mostly but not always at operating temperature. It happens mostly when pulling away from a stop. He
has checked the codes and replaced the airflow sensor and the idle stabilizer. Anybody have any ideas?
ps where's the "map" sensor?

If it's worse when hot, I'd check the engine temperature sensor for the ECU. Easily checked with a DVM.
--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.