92' 525i problems

I'm just helping a friend out that isn't internet savvy. He owns a 1992 BMW

525i. Apparently the engine shuts off at idle, mostly but not always at operating temperature. It happens mostly when pulling away from a stop. He has checked the codes and replaced the airflow sensor and the idle stabilizer. Anybody have any ideas?

ps where's the "map" sensor?

Reply to
Rob Masson

If it's worse when hot, I'd check the engine temperature sensor for the ECU. Easily checked with a DVM.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)