92 e32 735i Head Gasket replacement..

I've been chasing one issue after another --- I think I'm just uncovering new issues.
Right now -- all signs lean towards a blown head gasket.
I'm going to tear into it --- are there any gotcha's to be worried about? the
tensioner? Servicing the the head (resurfacing)? Broken sleeves anything like that?
What gaskets, parts, etc would I be wise to replace, even if un-needed?
Thanks -josh

The M30 head will be warped when you remove it - either due to the original problem, or just the act of removing it. The front of the timing chain cover needs to be planed (re-surfaced) at the same time and depth as the head. Might as well replace the timing chain. Check the camshaft lobes for wear and replace the cam if needed. A mild porting job will give you 10hp or so: while you have the head off it's cheap. You might also consider a set of headers, which could give you another 10-15 hp.
Be real careful re-torquing, with new bolts.
FloydR
Thanks Floyd -- Exactly the type of info I was looking for.
-josh