92' e32 Hood/bonnet light

When we bought our 735, it was missing the light in the hood.
We bought a new light; but when I went to install it; there's no wires to it; and I took the insulation off -- no wires found.
Question: was this an option? Can I make a new wiring harness for it? if so. where do I tap into the power for it?
Thanks -j