93 325i timing belt

First off, does this car have a timing belt or a chain? What's the recommended official service interval? Is that interval practical? And of course the BIG question, Is this an 'interference' type of engine or not?
Thanks so much Chris

Chain. Interference. They don't break and are changed only if you do head work. Some people allege that the tensioner needs replacement, but I've never heard of an interval for that.
FloydR

It has a chain.
What's the

It's a Life Part.
Is that interval practical?
It seems to be.
And of

Yes.
Save yourself a lot of trouble and change the timing chain tensioner...they cost about $65, and take about ten minutes to replace....check out some of the BMW forums for an explanation of this simple, but engine-saving, procedure. Did mine on my 318, and the car seems to perform better, and sounds better (chain-rattle noise is gone).

Can't you just bleed them like the benz ones?