93 740i Seat

Both driver and passenger seats, only sone of the controls work. I try to recline and only 1 side of the seat bsck works. It's like that also with moving the seat up and down only one side works. Can somebody help me with a fix. I heard something about some cables but have no idea what to do. Thanks

Reply to
poppy33

The drive from the motors to the gears is taken by a metal cable with square ends. It runs inside a plastic tube, for some reason this gets longer with age and pulls one end of the cable out!

My mate's E32 had the same fault. Heat the metal end cap of the cable gently and remove it. Shorten the plastic tubing 1/2" and put the end cp back on, fixed :-) Bizarre but true!

Reply to
John Burns