'94 316i Cold Start Shudder

Hi All,
I have a '94 316i in beautiful condition - except for one frustrating problem. When I start the car in the morning it begins to shudder and
will not rev higher than 1000revs - after about 10 mins when the temp guage rises to normal everything is fine. This problem is even worse in cold weather.
It is evident that the engine is running rich at this stage so I had the cold start injector replaced - but no luck, the problem remains. The car spent a week with the BMW main dealer but they were unable to track down the problem. I was really amazed by this - surely I can't be the only one with this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.