94 325is won't start

My 325 has been plagued with a no start after sitting for a day or more , for quite some time now. my problem now is it has been sitting while in Iraq for a year...of course the battery was dead ,bought a new one.
the car turnes over fine . a little over a years ago i replace the timing belt/chain and fuel pump etc. Anyone with any ideas, please help me thanks
If battery is new then it must be your alternator. It may not be charging properly. Perhaps you installed a charged new battery which eventually drained after not getting juice replacement.
You mentioned it turns fine. After confirming battery is holding enough charge to start, it's time to see if current is actually getting to your spark plugs.
bimbim wrote:

batery is fine engine turns over just fine good spark on time and good compresion leaninf towards a feul problem thanks anyway
Have a look on the fuel pump and make sure you get sparks on _all_ the spark plugs. BTW, the rubber caps are fragile, make sure the HV cable isn't loose. The tank vent hole or valve may also be closed or stuck. Did you open the thank ? If yes, did you hear a sucking noise ? Could be a clue.

It's not a routine job to replace the timing chain. Are you sure this was done correctly?
--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

yes the timing chain was done write putting a timing light on while cranking produces a time right on the money...don't know wheather it is a fuel issue or not yet need to check feul rail presure...just a pain in the ass problem
David P.Naylor wrote:

In Case anyone else wants to know My no start 94 ,turned out to be the camshaft Sensor. A supid 60 dollar part caused alot of headache over the years.....Thanks for all your help
Thanks for reporting back Dave. Many go away after getting the problem resolved and we never know the solution.