'95 325i Photo Sensor

Any idea what the Photo Sensor is for? It's located on the radio right below the anti left LED.
I read the radio owner's manual and it doesn't specifically indicate
what its for or purpose is.
Thanks for the insight.
frasuy wrote:

At night - with the radio on - shine the glovebox flashlight at the sensor, I think you'll see what it does..
Make sense...the radio display alluminates brighter. Thanks for the tip.
I never even noticed that sensor before!
I just tested your idea about the flashlight, and found that the display brightens anytime a bright light is shown on it. It does not require night time, nor does it require the headlamps to be on. As the light level changes in the car, the display level also gets brighter or dimmer. More light makes the display brighter, by the way.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Most people don't.

I suggested night time since it is most obvious then.
Now - have you found the cells for the instrument cluster and the HVAC controls?

My life support system's control is the type with dials and knobs, so it hasn't got a display.