95 740i driver seat problem

95 bmw 740i. The driver seat wont go forward or backward when switch is activated. It will travel UP & DOWN tilt and do everything else but travel forward and back. It worked fine until yesterday when it
seem to just stop working. I also observed that the steering wheel up & down feature also stop working. The steering wheel will track forward and back but not UP nor DOWN. is there anyone out there who have had this problem and knows the solution?

If it was just the seat then I would have said that a rag or something has got into the gears but if the steering is run by the same fuse or relay then the seat runner if jammed might have blown a fuse. Suggest looking at the fuse panel inside the glove box, trunk and engine compartment for blown fuses.
You never know!
Hugh
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor