95 bmw 325 radio unlock

just got bmw and radio won't except code. I've heard leave radio on (ass or full on position) for 1 hr then re-enter code Thanks

Reply to
marty

Turn the key to ON, but not RUN (the position the key returns to after you switch it to START). Leave the key like this for about an hour -- it could be less, but I went about my day and came back in an hour, and the radio would then accept the code it was asking for.

You need to know the CODE, it is printed in the Radio Owner's Manual and provided on a credit card-sized card. It is 5 digits in a range of 1 to 6, and you input the digits from the key pad on the radio. If you input the wrong CODE three times, the radio will lock itself and not accept any new input until you clear it by setting the key to ON for an hour or so.

The radio has an anti-theft circuit built in. If power is removed from the radio, the radio assumes it has been stolen and demands the owner plug in the correct code to unlock it. If the battery dies, the radio assumes it has been stolen. As you can see, the CODE card is an important piece of information.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

with the key on all the dash lights are on, is this correct? and willm this burn anything out? car is off ?

Reply to
marty

So are all dash lights on with engine off and is radio off or on for the hour

Reply to
marty

NOT the RUN position, but the ON position. The first click where there is power.

No, it should not burn anything out, with the possible exception of the battery. But if the battery goes dead it was nearly dead anyway and this is not the cause.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

None of the dash lights are on in my car when I do it as I described. Back the key off one click ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks i will give it a try tonight

Reply to