98 E39 speed sensor

production date 10/97.
Several weeks ago I was on an overly slick road surface. Light application of the brakes results in ABS. As we were headed into the
intersection I down shifted (5 speed) to try and get traction. ABS and ASC lights on.
Came home and disconnected the battery and no lights. A week ago while driving in normal dry conditions the lights came back on. Put her up on the ramps and the driver's side showed visible damage where the stem connects to the actual sensor.
Purchased a new one. A cheap new one. (stop grumbling)
Put it in and... no change.
Decide to test. Remove the original from the car along with the new one and the broken one. Grab the meter.
Broken one Diode test mode (reversing the probes) .02 and .04 Ohms 3.07
OEM Diode test mode (reversing the probes) 356 and 781 Ohms 3.07
New one Diode test mode (reversing the probes) 543 and 1164 Ohms 12.64
Am I right in thinking the new one is not even close to being within specs?