98 M3 Sedan - Driver's seat motor gearbox seems to be busted.

I took the M3 out for a spin for the first time since October. When I adjusted the seat I found that one thing had a problem. This is a fully electronic adjustable seat; the seatback kept tilting backward.
I tried to get it to tilt back up but had no luck. I tried to run it all the way back and then tilt it up. That was a mistake - now I look like a kid with the seat reclined all the way. It seems to be stuck or something. I hear the motor run but nothing happens. I took the seat out of the car and took a look at the motors underneath. What a mess. I can take it apart but it will be a long task - everything is so tightly grouped together under there that I can barely get a tool inserted into the hex-head slots.
Anyone out there have any tips, suggestions, or directions? I would even consider buying a salvage seat if I could find one that matched.
HELP!!!! Thanks, JM
There's a guy on the 'net that sells the gear and has directions posted on how to get to it.
Follow this link, then poke around the site for a while, you'll find the Seat Gears on the main page ...
http://www.odometergears.com /