99 528 with hard to open doors

Hey all, we have a 99 528 touring where the door seems to be getting heavy/hard to open from inside... is there anything we can do about this ? one forum mentioned to take a plastic cap off the door but the
one I have is on there solid and I'm worried about breaking the plastic if continuing..
anyone else had this problem ? thanks!
Add pictures here
✖

Is it noisy when it opens? Is the issue the hinges sticking or the latch sticking?
A can of Super-Lube spray on the hinges could be a good thing. Use a dry lubricant on the latch mechanism. --scott

✖
On Feb 16, 6:16 am, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Its all in the latch I think and its from the inside getting out, the outside seem to be better but it also has more leverage... I suspected some kind of lube but where would I put it and would I have to take the panel off ?
Add pictures here
✖
In article

If it's the same as mine there are two screws to be removed first. One under a cover in the interior handle backing plate. One inside the vent. The panel is held in place by a number of spring clips spaced round the outer edge.
--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

✖
On Feb 16, 7:16 am, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Scott, You should get money for this--you have a plethora of answers--and much in the area of valuable advice. still driving my e28 ('88 528e 5- speed). Garrett
Add pictures here
✖