99 E46 Battery (interstate??)

Folks,
Some time ago, I read an articke in Roundel that, I believe, recommended Interstate batteries as a good aftermarket battery, because of venting,
longevity, and cost (being cheaper than going to a dealer). I am not certain that it was "Interstate" could someone say yes or no, and if not what brand/make was it?
My battery died today, so I am parking my car at home until I find the right battery, and if not I will go back to the dealer. I'll drive my truck or motorcycle in the meantime.
Thanks in advance, Carver

I've used Interstate batteries several times with very good results, especially compared to other aftermarket pieces of crap (Pep Boys comes to mind...)
--
Dan.

Carver wrote:

Yes, Interstate is a good brand. Douglas is even better if you can find it.
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here:
Malt_Hound, > wrote:

Just replaced the original battery in my 97 328 a couple of months ago, and had been planning to use another Douglas since the first one lasted so long. Unfortunately, Douglas just sold their auto battery business to someone else(don't remember who) Managed to get one of their last batteries at Batteries Plus store down the street.
Frank
The battery is not rocket science. The battery specs are defined, more or less, by the physical size. I like to use American Battery because they are fast and cheap.