A BMW "Newbie" Question ...

Being a "newbie" into the "World of BMW's" .... is there any difference between a 2002 - 330i and a 2003 - 330i automobile ?? Also, does the "standard" audio stereo system in either of these
years, able to play-back MP3 CDs ??? Thank you, in advance, for your help and assistance.

There were no significant changes IIRC. They did "freshen" the appearance sometime back then, but except for going to a 6-speed manual transmission, all changes in the E46 from those years were cosmetic.

No.
You're welcome, Floyd
amorg7777 wrote:

In the sedan the rear seat got a third headrest and a shoulder seatbelt.
Anoop
Thank you both, very much !!!!
Back to the subject of factory BMW "sound systems" ......... What was the first year in the BMW Series 3, that they had a factory stereo sound system that played-back your own audio and MP3 "burned" CDs ?? Thank you, again, in advance.

My '97 E39 with boot mounted 6 CD changer plays red book home recorded CDs perfectly. And I'd say most car CD players should.
--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

and to take it one step further, My 1994 E34 540i plays home burned CDs just fine. I suppose it depends on how the CDs are burned (what program you used) but I have nver had any problems with CDs I have burned with Nero. It sure would be nice to have one that played MP3s as then I could probably put all of my entire music collection on 6 CDs and not have to swap discs at all... but as it is I have no complaints considering I am playing home burned disks on a CD system from before home burning was de rigueur...
-Fred W

The trouble is some home burn CD progs don't stick to the red book standard. Over 74 minutes allowed, etc.
And the problem with some CD players that can play MP3 files is they can't give sufficient track etc information. Fine if all you need is some form of continuous play.
--
*Could it be that "I do " is the longest sentence? *