A/C playing up.

Page 2 of 2

A neighbour has a 535d auto which I've driven and it is stunningly fast. In general give and take motoring, faster than a 540, I'd say.
--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:10:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I had a '98 535 saloon and I now have a 540 tourer. The 540 is much faster especially from a standing start both in automatic and manual gear shift. Mind you the 540 has not done half the miles the 535 had. pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:11:07 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@h-gee.co.uk wrote:

I have been searching for 2 months now for a 540/545/550 tourer to replace my wheels and with a complete lack of success:-( pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

When it happened to my E46, the refrigerant was low because of a number of leaks.
Tom K.
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:59:03 -0400, "Tom K."

How much did it cost to fix it? pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

US $1,100.00
Tom K.
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:47:16 -0400, "Tom K."

Ouch. That hurts:-( pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

Have you been driving any politicians around?
-- Larry

This is a common problem with the control unit. Search on ebay and you will find ads that repair your unit and return it for about 15-20. It's a simple repair but you pay them for what they know.

Well that sounds cheaper so I hope you are right:-) pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk
Still necessary to re-gas every 3 or 4 years , also use the a/c for 10 mins every month (as a minimum)- this lubriactes the working parts and the pipes - otherwise you'll loose all the gas
pete wrote:

I think my car turns the A/C on and off automatically. I seldom use it manually but I will in future. pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

It is fixed. The bill says Diagnostic test FOC. Map/Thermostat Sensor 59.20. Antifreeze 32.50. Labour 60. It appears to be working ok now and best of all I got my car back the same day. pete www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk