A/C problem.

The A/C on my E36 has stopped working, 2 months ago when you turned on the ac i heard a grumbling from the engine compartment, turned the ac off and it stopped. Shortly after that all the cold air stopped. I had it regassed and if was fine for about 2 weeks then the grummbling started again then it lost all its cold air again.

When i took it to be regassed the 1st time there was no pressure at all.

Any ideas, i must have a leak somewhere but am curious about the grummbling noise.

Many thanks

Reply to
yvette.dickerson

Yes, it sounds like you have a leak. You need an A/C guy to check it out and tell you precisely what isneeded.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Simon@Yvette" wrote

The grumbling might be air in the system, or a bad compressor. Don't forget that the system has oil in it to lubricate the compressor - if none was added, bad news. Usually a bad compressor is more of a clatter.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks for the advise