A great dealer story

My 2 year old 325i's driver-side floor mats kept creeping up toward the pedals. I didn't have this problem when it was new. I discovered that the dealer never installed the little plastic Velcro tabs that grab the
underside and keep the mat from moving. So, I visited my service department and asked if they had 4 for me. The service rep asked for my credit card and I said that I didn't want to pay for them; I just wanted her to give them to me, since they were never installed. She called over the service manager who informed me that he was not authorized to give them to me since the car was already 2 years old. He needed somebody in "sales" to authorize their release. I asked how much they were and he told me--are you ready for this?-- 80 cents.
So, I wandered over to the showroom and flagged down a salesman. While I was explaining my tale of woe to him another salesman came over with a large plastic bag of floor tabs and asked me how many I wanted, for free. They even helped me install them, for free, of course, even though I certainly could have done it myself. The owner's daughter was informed of this and she was mortified. I wonder what ever happened to the service manager?