Acceleration momentary stall

Hi, I have 02 325i and I have never had any problems with the car. However today the fuell ight came on so I stopped at a BP and filled it up with premium (Which what I always run) and went on my way.
Later that day I was driving and noticed that there was something kind of funny. Like on a on ramp in third or forth when I was under semi- heavy acceleration it got up to about 3.5 or 4 on the tach and sort leaned out. Like I didnt have umph any more. It did that like 3 or 4 times. It never stuttered or died on me though. You guys have any idea what it might be? bad gas? It has been really cold -15 -20 the last couple days but it always started right up when I tried to start it.
Any ideas? something to put my mind at rest?
Thanks - jon

Water in the fuel?
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

at -15 I would say it that used to be water in the fuel. Now it is ice and is partially blocking the fuel flow. Probably trapped in the filter. Causes a stumble at higher rpms.
--
-Fred W

I similar thing happened to me in my '05 325Ci -- was accelerating in 2nd or 3rd gear (manual) when it felt like the engine gave out. Not completely, as I was still able to drive ~100m, but the "check engine" light came on so I immediately pulled over and shut the car down. Waited a minute, started it up again, and no warning lights were on and the car seemed to be running fine. I brought the car in for inspection (my BMW dealership) and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong at all. This was over a year ago, and since I haven't had any problems. BTW this happened during summertime in NY, so cold was not an issue. Please keep us updated on your story.
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html