Aftermarket radio questions for 2004 M3 Convertible

I just got a 2004 M3 Convertible (LOVE IT!) but want a different radio. (This one doesn't play MP3's or have satellite. I know I can get a different BMW radio but want to know what my options are.
Here's my questions:
1. If I put an aftermarket radio in, will it "mess up" the BMW Assist or any other features on the car? 2. Can the current controls on the steering wheel work the aftermarket radio? Best Buy says that they have put adapters in that allow the steering wheel controls to do so BUT crutchfield.com says there is no such adapter for the M3 or the 3 Series (and I couldn't find one for post-2003 cars through Google). 3. Any other info you can provide for this process would be appreciated.
Thanks.

--B_3223899479_27632614 Content-type: text/plain;     charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
I had the same problem over the weekend. Check your water pump!!! The original one was made of plastic, the newer ones of metal. Mine was just free spinning. Cheap and easy to replace. Total cost for me was less then $70. And took about an hour!
The real hard part is trying to bleed the lines when done. I also replaced the thermostat since I had to remove it to get to my water pump. Here is a tip, When your ready to start the car, pour coolant down the top hose toward the motor. You will lose allot of coolant when you remove the pump and this will help fill the motor with coolant. It will not prime by itself. Then drink a few beers and bleed the system.
Best of luck, David
1995 525i
Hi,
I've got a 1994 e36 318i, and am having a problem with the heater.
It normally just blows cold air, occasionally warm or hot, this is with leaving the temp setting at MAX.
I think there's a v slight leak in the cooling system, whilst hot I can hear a fait hissing noise near the thermostat. I'm going to have a new thermostat and cooling flush done this week, if the heater problem continues, what shall I try next? Could the heater valve be stuck or blocked so that no coolant's going to the heat exchanger?
Please don't tell me its a head gasket, I've had enough of that with a Rover K series engine in the past!
Cheers, Nick
--B_3223899479_27632614 Content-type: text/html;     charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding
<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: E36 heater problem</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <FONT SIZE="2"><FONT FACE="Monaco, Courier New"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:10.0px'>I had the same problem over the weekend. &nbsp;Check your water pump!!! =&nbsp;The original one was made of plastic, the newer ones of metal. &nbsp;Mine was just free spinning. Cheap and easy to replace. Total cost for me was less then $70. And took about an hour! &nbsp;<BR> <BR> The real hard part is trying to bleed the lines when done. I also replaced the thermostat since I had to remove it to get to my water pump. Here is a tip, When your ready to start the car, pour coolant down the top hose toward the motor. &nbsp;You will lose allot of coolant when you remove the pump and this will help fill the motor with coolant. &nbsp;It will not prime by itself. Then drink a few beers and bleed the system. &nbsp;<BR> <BR> Best of luck, David<BR> <BR> 1995 525i <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> From: Nick &lt; snipped-for-privacy@gmx.co.uk&gt;<BR> Organization: ntl Cablemodem News Service<BR> Newsgroups: alt.autos.bmw<BR> Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:49:46 GMT<BR> Subject: E36 heater problem<BR> <BR> Hi,<BR> <BR> I've got a 1994 e36 318i, and am having a problem with the heater.<BR> <BR> It normally just blows cold air, occasionally warm or hot, this is with <BR>leaving the temp setting at MAX.<BR> <BR> I think there's a v slight leak in the cooling system, whilst hot I can hear <BR> a fait hissing noise near the thermostat. I'm going to have a new thermostat <BR> and cooling flush done this week, if the heater problem continues, what <BR>shall I try next? Could the heater valve be stuck or blocked so that no <BR>coolant's going to the heat exchanger?<BR> <BR> Please don't tell me its a head gasket, I've had enough of that with a Rover <BR> K series engine in the past!<BR> <BR> Cheers,<BR> Nick <BR> <BR> </SPAN></FONT></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>
--B_3223899479_27632614--