aftermarket rim for 2003 325ci coupe

Page 2 of 2
On 22 Apr 2007 18:03:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

    The strongest wheels are forged, and forged wheels are pricey - typically around two grand for a set. If you find a wheel/tire package for a thousand bucks, you're getting cheap wheels that will dent easily *and* cheap tires.     epbrown
--
How can you know where I'm at if you haven't been where I been?
Can you see where I'm coming from? "How I Could Just Kill A Man" Cypress Hill

thanks!!! what methods does BMW use for their OEM wheels? I found this nice thread, but it's from 1997...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw/browse_thread/thread/175a5dfd9386f8e3/0e02176b72c25c7c?lnk=gst&q=how+are+bmw+oem+wheels+made&rnum=2&hl=en#0e02176b72c25c7c
there was one other thread that talked about BMW OEM wheels being prodced by MAS (Italy)..but no mention of construction methods (forged, die cast, etc, etc)....just a general seach on google didnt really turn up anything either...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw/browse_thread/thread/175a5dfd9386f8e3/0e02176b72c25c7c?lnk=gst&q=how+are+bmw+oem+wheels+made&rnum=2&hl=en#0e02176b72c25c7c
Mas Italy makes cast wheels, but BMW uses other wheel manufacturers as well. BBS for example.
Pete