Air Bag reset - e46

Does anyone know how to do this? I changed the window regulator and had to disconnect the airbag. Light came on when finished.

I had the same problem and the only tools I could find to do it was http://www.peakeresearch.com/srstool.htm and a few on EBay.
I have a tek mate program and cable and was surprised that there was no PC based tool for this job.
In the end I got my local independent to do it for 10GBP.
Let us know if you find another solution.
PP
Pashlipops wrote:

Too late now, but this problem can be avoided by disconnecting the battery first. (On some cars, you have to wait some period of time afterward; rather than try to recall which ones are which, I just wait 20 minutes for all of them.)
JRE

Mine came on when I took the passenger seat out, to make more storage space, and drove the car.
Worth the 10 pounds...
The light cam on because you cycled the ignition while the airbag was disconnected. This causes a fault that requires the scan tool to remedy.
Airbags are a "safety of flight" item, and any error that occurs is deemed to be a fatal error that demands a technician to diagnose and remedy. This sort of error is thought to be one that can not be considered transitory, and therefore can not fix itself.