Air Bag reset - e46

Does anyone know how to do this? I changed the window regulator and had to disconnect the airbag. Light came on when finished.

Reply to
RCG

I had the same problem and the only tools I could find to do it was

and a few on EBay. I have a tek mate program and cable and was surprised that there was no PC based tool for this job.

In the end I got my local independent to do it for 10GBP.

Let us know if you find another solution.

PP

Reply to
Pashlipops

Too late now, but this problem can be avoided by disconnecting the battery first. (On some cars, you have to wait some period of time afterward; rather than try to recall which ones are which, I just wait

20 minutes for all of them.)

JRE

Reply to
JRE

The light cam on because you cycled the ignition while the airbag was disconnected. This causes a fault that requires the scan tool to remedy.

Airbags are a "safety of flight" item, and any error that occurs is deemed to be a fatal error that demands a technician to diagnose and remedy. This sort of error is thought to be one that can not be considered transitory, and therefore can not fix itself.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Mine came on when I took the passenger seat out, to make more storage space, and drove the car.

Worth the 10 pounds...

Reply to
Pashlipops