Air Bag Warning Light

Refc: 323i, year 2000, 102,000 miles. The airbag warning light just came on. Is this a routine reminder for maintenance or inspection required at this mileage or does it mean there is a system fault? Could be either I suppose; should I take it to the dealer? Thanks,

Reply to
Sam

"Sam" wrote

This is a system fault. Only the dealer can fix it (or perhaps a body shop) and reset the light.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

There is no service required. The light means there was/is a fault detected.

I suspect the simple things first, a seat or seatbelt switch. You can take it to a dealer, but I'd be making friends with an independent BMW Service Center before I'd be forking over the Big Bucks to the stealership.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland