air con

my air con is kicking in but the fan will not work it has been gased up & there is power to the fan so all i'm getting is cold air somebody said it
mybe rear state but when i talket to bmw they did'nt seem to know what i was going on about its a e39 1998 r geg 528i anybody with any ideas please

You probably need this- 12 64-11-6-923-204 FINAL STAGE UNIT 1 63.20
Roger>
Roger Matthews wrote:

http://www.540i6.com/finalstagereplacement.html

Rather more on a RHD car.
--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

"CFL" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in message

Ha ha ha.
When my knuckles stop bleeding, I'll post the full story of the replacement :)

Do you mean the fan(s) that blow air into the cabin?
If so, this works totally independently of the AC as it's used for heating - or just fresh air. If it's not running at all, it's likely the final stage resistor burnt out, and any dealer should have got this immediately as it's a *very* common fault on an E39. Costs about 50 quid for the part and is DIY possible, although slightly fiddly.
--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

???

Don't know any teenagers? ;-)
--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

I have two, but our public schools are apparently better than the ones this person attended. I am truly confised by his (or her) post.
London SW