airbag light and seatbelt pre tensioner

Hi

Just had my airbag light codes cleared only for it to come back on an hour later. The code pointed at the drivers seatbelt tensioner, had a look but can't figure out how to get the connector off the tensioner itself.

It has a moulded plastic connector that goes on top and comes out at 90 degrees, cant figure whether it pulls upwards (taking the whole thing off) or sideways (leaving part on the tensioner). I just want to ensure all the connections are good before I have the code cleared again.

Any advice appreciated

Gary

Reply to
geepeetee

You don't say what car, but aren't the seatbelts covered by some hellatious long warranty?

Reply to
Fred W

Might want to get an SRS inspection/reset tool? Probably costs about the same as 1 reset. Good luck with the tensioner..

to ensure all the connections are good before I have the code cleared

Reply to
BMW Guy