Airbag light and thet Passenger Seat

I just (yesterday) bought a very clean '94 325 Convertable. On the test drive, and on a subsequent drive with a passenger in the seat, the airbag light was off and life was good.

Then, I had my first back seat passenger and a front seat passenger at the same time (my kids had to go for a ride - before that it was just me and the front seat passenger). Anyway, my daughter moved the seat forward so her sister could have foot room in the back seat, and the Airbag light came on. A cursory inspection of the underside of the passenger seat showed that all was good, but a more detailed inspection may show otherwise. I have never had trouble with the Airbag light before, except that on my old car (another '94 325i) the light came on to tell me the light didn't work.

What can make the Airbag light come on when the only obvious activity has been the moving of the seat?

Reply to
J Strickland

In a '94 the control module is under the rear seat. The fact the light coming on coincided with your first rear seat passenger suggests it might be linked, worth a look?

Reply to
zerouali

the airbag module is a option to check but rare to default..but also you have to consider there is a passenger seat occupancy mat and module for passenger set...maybe the moving of the pass. seat could affected the mat or a module connection that is located under pass. seat...a foot could had knocked something loose..

it would be worth letting your local BMW dealer to run a code test on system to isolate cause...

Reply to
infoguy

Thanks for the Replies. I found out that the Seat Belt Retractor Switch had thrown a hissy fit.

Reply to
J Strickland