Airbag warning light

I removed the front seats for cleaning on BMW 316i. Since I replaced them, the airbag warning light does not go out when the engine is started. Grateful for any advice.

Pat.

Reply to
patlist

It will have to be reset by your main dealer,i take it you disconnected the small plugs under the seats.

Reply to
jimmy

You started the car while the seats were out, didn't you? (or you turned the key on to listen to the radio)

The Airbag is a light that demands service to correct any supposed problem, so you need a mechanic that has the diagnostic tool to reset the light for you. The circuit detects a fault, and the assumption is that any fault is serious and requires tools and equipment beyond what you will have, and therefore the circuit will not reset itself even when the fault goes away.

PS If you watch closely, you should see the light go out after the self test period when the key is first switched on, but then the light will immediately come back on. It should go out for a half-second, or so, then come on again. It looks like the light is "always on", but there is a subtle difference between always on and going out then coming on again.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland