alarm anti-theft system 2003 325ci

what is the anti-theft system on a 2003 325ci? I bought mine used and am curious about any "engine/gas line kill" feature and how much motion the anti-theft system will detect (i.e. jacking up the car to
steal the wheels, etc etc).
This is my first Bimmer, before I always bought a good aftermarket anti-theft system for my previous cars (all Hondas) that had a ignition kill and a pretty good motion sensor that would set off the alarm.
thanks.
On Apr 12, 9:29 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ah just found that article from 2003 on anti-theft systems for 3 series...
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.bmw/browse_thread/thread/f0d4910880f405e7/6e46774cecb21eb6?lnk=gst&q=alarm+system+2003+325ci&rnum=1&hl=en#6e46774cecb21eb6
I would still prefer to get a good aftermarket anti-theft system, other than lo-Jack...or does the BMW alarm kit do the trick?
On 12 Apr 2007 18:37:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I presume you have the TRACKER system over the pond.
Current BMWs come with Thatcham 1 (Thatcham is a place in Berkshire where everything do with cars and the motor industry in the UK is tested. If it passes then its OK. Most repair costs and techniques are tested there too)
Anything above Thatcham 1 is GOOD Fit a tracker and if your car is stolen (or lost in a shopping mall car park or in a car park in Disney World FL) then it gets a signal from GPS and relays it to the POLICE or Agency to track the car. 95% of cars fitted with tracker are located within 45 min's and returned to their owners.
Next best thing is to NOT keep the car keys behind the front door as 90% of BMWs are stolen as a result of a break in and the keys being stolen.
The standard 3 series of 2003 had no tracking capability. IIRC, the security system was fairly simple unless you had the dealer installed optional security (which then included motion sensors, etc).
R / John