alarm on my 2000 323i BMW

SO i have a problem. One, i'm retarded when it comes to BMW's . So that will explain the rest of my post.

I wake this morning to go to work and I press my alarm and the alarm continuously goes off. This is a dealer installed alarm , one they threw in for me .

So we go to look for the battery and can't find it . The neighbors are complaining of the alarm , I finally get it to go off and come up here to ask where it is so I can go down and see if the alarm is connected to the battery.

IF i could find the battery that is. I looked in the trunk, but do I need to rip everything out to find it??

Reply to
Nerd2007

The battery is in your trunk, under the black tray on the right side. Your owner's manual clearly shows how to access it.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

The Dealer never gave me an owners manual or that had been the first place I would have looked.

Thank you.

Reply to
Nerd2007

The battery lives in a hole behind (more towards the rear of the car) the Right Rear tire. From inside the trunk, lift the carpet from below the right brake light, the battery lives under the cover you just exposed by lifting the carpet. If you continue to pull the carpet aside, you will find the spare tire living under a cover in the center of the trunk. If you've ever found the spare before, find it again, and look to the right ...

The alarm is not connected directly to the battery, it is connected to the fuse block, which is then connected to the battery. Knowing where the battery is will not help you very much, except you could disconnect it in order to get the alarm to stop blaring. The problem with this tactic is that you will lose many other settings that your car has stored -- travel distance for the Auto Up feature of the windows, the radio stations you have programmed, memory settings for the seats, those sorts of things. And, odds are that the alarm will remember that it was on the last time there was power, and it will come on again when the power comes back.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland