Alarm options/security advice for the 2002 330ci

I just bought a 2002 330ci coupe from a private owner and unfortunately had two of the window smashed in the very same night. Luckily the new tint stopped the windows from shattering. I live in a pretty nice area, but it's fairly dense urban neighborhood (still have some strange people walking around) and I don't have a garage at the moment. Don't think it was professional thieves as they smashed the rear window and driverside window, but didn't gain entry to the car. Luckily if it was just vandals they didn't do any body damage.

I'm a BMW novice and it didn't come with the manuals. So, I was wonder if someone could explain the stock capabilities of the BMW security system and/or what suggestions on the some of the better post-market security system options. I'm looking to just try to add some visual and audio deterrents against vandals (more than theives). So, I'm thinking of getting a system with a brighter alarm light (I'm on the side of bright light is better versus the brings too much attention oppinion) and a remote notifier so it gives me a slight better change at catching someone in the act.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Reply to
Katoduck