Alarm problem

I have a 1996 518i fitted with the BMW T2 alarm system which hasn't worked for some considerable time.
Recently, I have suffered from flat batteries in the morning and having
checked the battery and the charging system (both ok) I have a sneaky feeling that the alarm is draining them overnight.
Can anyone tell me how I disconnect it? There has to be a fuse in there somewhere right? Dougie
Locate the alarm unit & disconnect it. On my 92 7 series; it's behind the knee-kick panel under the steering column

Thanks. Hopefully it's in the same place on the 5 series!

Not sure how the alarm will drain your battery unless its continuously going off... you might want to look for other reasons, check all the obvious, boot lamp staying on, etc, and then check for current drain on the battery while the car is parked, and everything switched off, doors closed etc. if you have an ammeter, disconnect one terminal of the battery and test for current between the battery terminal and the connector (probably best to do this on the negative terminal) ensure all doors are closed and everything is off, the only current drain should be from the clock, the alarm, and the radio memory ( IE: less than 1 amp approx) if it is trying to draw much more than this you should be looking for a problem somewhere, ( needle in a haystack time) you can try to systematically remove each fuse in turn to isolate each curcuit. failing that have the battery and alternator checked properly, just because it shows 13.something volts doesnt mean the battery or alt is healthy. Regards. Steve.