Amazing E34 M5 Videos!

http://www.vsmotor.no/en_videos.html
A 1033BHP!! M5 from rural Norway (I think). Performance BMW (UK) ran an article on it not long ago...
The thing is Ballistic!! The videos are about 50- 60 mB but well worth the
download.
Jason Russell
message

corners onto the straights is stunning. I love the 2nd drag race video too; What a way to get off the line! The bloody car actually leaps into the air. I've just got to get me one of them.
JB
JB wrote:

That is just ridiculous.
The guy is spinning his wheels and fishtailing all over the place. They must have some kind of crappy tires on the car or else they aren't able to modulate the power properly. I'm sure anyone could be a lot faster with a lot less power if it was actually being applied to the ground instead of just melting the tires.
From the in-car cam view it sounds like once it hits the power band the thing just immediately breaks loose and he has to immediately let up or else there is something else that is cutting the power off and on. This supports the idea that the power-band is just too sharp and can't be modulated.
Also, 9.41 in the quarter mile is not all that impressive for a car with over 1000 HP.
I think the in-car video of the M3 CSL doing laps at "the ring" is a lot more impressive.
-Fred W

Linkage?
-Russ.
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:57:12 -0500, Somebody wrote:

http://www.stevecarter.com/M3CSL.wmv
Warning ~ 34MB
--
Richard

Somebody wrote:

Try: <www.stevecarter.com/M3CSL.WMV>
-Fred W

JB
JB wrote:

< 9 minutes around "the ring" including a couple of big slow-downs for traffic, especially the breakdown. That guy was moving...
-Fred W

that time.

JB
Malt_Hound wrote:

??
Done much drag racing? If the suspension set-up is the same on the dragstrip as it was on the track, a 9.41 is most certainly "impressive".
Jeff

Jeff Mayner wrote:

<snip>
After re-reading my response, of course _after_ I had already sent it, I realized it may have sounded a little harsh as written. I apologize if it was taken as such.
Jeff

Jeff Mayner wrote:

No problem. I was in the middle of replying to your response with some sort of wise-ass retort, but decided there was no point in starting a flame war about drag racing BMWs.
And in direct answer to your question, no, I have not personally ever even driven a 1000HP car, never mind drag raced one, but that doesn't preclude me from thinking that an engine with that much power should be able to get that car down the 400M in less time.
-Fred W