An E30 in the NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/automobiles/06wecros.html
A 16 year old 325 has to be an E30!

Yup, a 1989 325i. Plastic bumpers, 14" cross-spokes, Alpine Weiss. I can't quite make out if it has a boot spoiler, and it's hard to tell if there's an 'iS' lip spoiler, but then it would be a surprise if the original 'iS' lip spoiler was still present on the car. I'm going to guess that it is a 325is, as I haven't seen many 325i models with the cross-spoke alloys. And it surely can't be an 'eta' as didn't they cease production before the switch to plastic bumpers?
http://tonycastroforda.com/Pictures/tony_car.jpg