Appreciate help E36....heater/cooling fan loses power.

Have an 99 E36 M3 coupe with 127K.
The heater fan recently started throbbing as if power was being interrupted.
Last Summer, the AC kicked off for a couple of minutes and then
luckily would reappear.
I remember reading about a circuit or switch located toward the glove compartment that is the cause of this.
If anyone could advise, would greatly appreciate it.
It would ideal to go to the shop TELLING them what to fix instead of the "let's try this" approach.
David H.

Does is have digital climate control?

Yes, dual digital controls for driver and passenger.
I thought that was the stock equipment on the 99 3 series.
David H.

It's got a reputation for being quite flakey, I think one of the diodes fails. If you search on ebay you'll find ads for folk who'll fix them for 15 quid (it's THAT common!).

I could fix this for you. Here's a link to an eBay auction of mine: http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0 ? uid8963796&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item30085623072&lk=URL Look at my feedback for past repairs. Contact me or post on here if you have any questions. -Tony
That link to the auction appears to have gotten messed up, let me try again: <http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0 ? uid8963796&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item30085623072&lk=URL>

Link still doesn't work..... sorry.

You're overcomplicating the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item30085623072
On 4 Feb 2007 19:51:09 -0800, "David Hageman"

Hope you don't mind if I hi-jack this thread with my similar problem.
My brother's '95 M3 with the older climate control. The big fan speed knob on the left, and the big "where to blow it" knob on the right, and the 2 temperature knobs in the middle type.
The other week it stopped blowing. From what he can tell the temperature control still works, but then again as it's currently rather cold, he's probably only had it on "Cremate" setting. But he's got no blow at all.
He said he's looked down the fuses, but doesn't know which on out of the millions he should be looking at (his phrasing).
Any ideas, or websites to suggest?
Cheers
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

If the fan doesn't work or the speed control is iffy, the likely suspect is the final stage resistor. Do a Google on that.
--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:30:33 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

The fan doesn't work at any speed, not even full, which if I understand correctly, would bypass the resistor wouldn't it?
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

As I understand it, it's more of a speed controller which *can* stop the fan working completely - and did on my E39. Not so sure about earlier models, but as I say a Google should give all the information.
--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:26:20 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Thanks Dave, I'll have a look.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:13:34 +0000, Dodgy

Ah-ha! Problem solved...
According to my brother, relay #9 had died... So now he can blow hot air about!
Unfortunately it looks like during the "discovery phase" of this problem he's broken/dislodged something else, so he can't actually direct where the hot air goes! lol!
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES