Are oxygen sensors covered under the 100K warranty?

had the Service 2 completed recently on my '00 M5.

I have 54K on the odometer right now. (48,800) when service was done.

The car hesitates as if it isn't getting smooth flow of gas. until you get to about 2400 rpm.

The readings were not cleared as the test was done by Excluservice in Rockville, MD. They can't get paid by BMW for any warranty work so i have to take it to a dealership.

They said there are 4 oxygen sensors on the M5. 2 before the coverter and 2 after.

Does anyone know if said sensors are covered under the warranty?

Also, while I ask the question, is the digital read-out on the dash board also covered?

Not all the numbers can be read.

David H.

Reply to
David Hageman

Since you're in the USA - they are covered by the federally mandatated emissions warranty - for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

I assume you mean the CPO warranty? Yes - but you'll have to pay the $50 deductable. And if you don't have a CPO warranty - BMW will pay for the cluster itself, you'll have to pay about 1 hour labor to have it installed.. it's one of those "hidden warranty" items - apparently the manufacturer of the cluster is eating the cost of the part.

Common. Had mine replaced under original factory warranty last month.

Reply to
Don

Thanks, Don.

David H.