ASC+T won't disable on E34 525

I've got a 95 E34 (525ia) with 98k miles. When I press the ASC+T switch to disable the ASC+T, nothing happens. The light is working since it comes on briefly during startup. I need to be able to
disengage ASC+T to pass emissions here in Ct on the dyno. Is there some common failure that can be fixed, or a way to disable the system to go through the dyno test? Thanks.
On Thu, 17 May 2007 11:18:59 -0400, rd wrote:

Hold the button down for 10 seconds. This will disable traction control in total and lock both wheels. No more one wheel spinning. But if you just want to disable traction control, tap the button and the light will come on. That means it's disabled, but your wheels are not locked. You still have limited slip on the wheels going. So if you just wanna race or test what it's like to drive with a brain, then hold the button down. THat's it.
Enoch Root wrote:

You must be kidding. Disabling traction control does *not* have anything whatsoever to do with a limited slip or locking the rear differential.
--
-Fred W