ATF top up on '89 E32

I have just yesterday noticed my car getting a little juddery when pulling awat, and accelerating. I was advised by a colleague that the ATF fluid may
need topping up or changing.
Does anyone have any ideas on how this is done?
There are a couple of flex discs in the driveline that can cause a driveline vibration when starting out.

may
My '87 E30 manual did exactly that. Went away after a driveshaft rebuild. I think the centre bearing was the culprit, but the rubber coupling (expensive) was also replaced so that could have been a cause too.
Make sure you have it rebuilt and balanced professionally and with only genuine parts. I had to have myne overhauled again 6 months down the line due to a vibration at speed.
MW