Audi A4 airbag warning light

Is there a way to manually turn this light off without having to pay for the full diagnostic check first???
It randomly came on when driving along for no reason.
Audi A4 2003 convertable.
Any advice much appreciated.
regards

You should re-post to the Audi forum.
But if the system is anything like a BMW - likely since the requirements from the DOT are the same - you pretty much have to go to the dealer. It *wasn't* "random", and there *is* a reason.
FloydR
On Mar 13, 4:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@BT.com wrote:

Go ask the question in alt.autos.AUDI instead of here in alt.autos.BMW. -- C.R. Krieger (Owned both, which is why I now only own BMWs.)
No, you have to go in for service.
The Airbag System is a safety of flight item, and any error that is detected is assumed to be permanant, and requires a techincian to troubleshoot and reset.
Having said that, the most common failure on BMWs is the seat switches and the seat belt switches. I'm not certain what the cause is on the Audi.