Audible alarm option

On a new 328i, alarms don't come equipped. I feel more comfortable with an audible alarm on a car but why doesn't BMW provide one? Do they have some other special deterrant that warrents not getting an audible alarm?

Did you install the audible alarm option for your BMW? How extra does it cost?

Thanks, Brett

Reply to
brett

It's a dealer- installed option, cost $300 list ($270 @ Pacific BMW). If you have some mechanical skill it can be a DIY

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

DIY

Thanks. Does the alarm integrate onto the key fob(?) so that you aren't have to carry around some other device?

I haven't read it in the standard features or as an option but I'm assuming all models have remote door unlock. Do all also have remote start?

Reply to
brett

Yes.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Some? It's so easy, my daughter installed her's by herself.

She has an E46 and I bought her the factory alarm system for Christmas. She put the parts in by herself in under an hour.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes.

Remote door locks are standard, and when the doors are locked from the outside, the ignition is also disabled. I don't know about remote start, but this feature is only available on automatic transmission cars.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland