Auto level control

I want to replace my shocks.... how do I know if i have auto leveling control? Shocks? Struts?
I have a 1995, 525i.
Thanks, David

The reason for inquire..... when i hit a small bump on the passenger side, I here a noise coming from the passenger front tire area. This noise is sometimes head on the passenger side when I hit a small bump on the driver side tire. The noise is always from the passengers side. It's like a thump.....
any ideas?
I'd suggest you need bushings somewhere before shocks.
Having said that, I don't know how to tell if you have auto-leveling or not. But, even if you need shocks, the odds are very good they would not make any noise, but bushings would certainly make the noises you describe.

Thanks.... i was hoping it was simple like this. I will find out tomorrow!
Cheers!!

AFAIK, auto leveling is a standard option (and is only available on) Touring/Wagon models. You don't say what you have.
Floyd
Floyd, thanks for your reply. Mine is the standard 525i.