Auto to man swap- 535i e28

Can somebody advise if an 85 323 5 speed manual fits to an 86 535i, obviously excluding the need for pedal box exchange.
cheers Tom

Thread archive:

Just an observation, but I'd be surprised if the 'smaller' box could handle the torque of the larger engine. BMW buy in their boxes so have a larger choice of specs than perhaps a manufacturer who makes their own. The boxes may be externally similar, though. But I'm only guessing.
--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.

I doubt it, the 323 and 535 blocks are different, and so presumably are the crankcase matings.
I looked at this issue when I blew the auto on a 735i many years ago, and you couldn't even fit a newer switchable auto because of EMU compatibility problems.