autocar and 535d touring

Ok Autocar have heaped monstrous praise on the 535d touring, so much so I pretty much have decided I am going to get one.
However this week a different author said things a littrle differently so...
Whoever has one of these bad boys in the UK, is the ride really that hard? If you have had an Audi or have tried as well, how does it compare?
I really do want to have my cake and eat it you see!!!
fxmonkey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ do money and bananas mix? www.fxmonkey.co.uk