AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION HELP!!!!

I am having problems with my 1990 525i. It has a M50 engine and an automatic transmission. The transmission starts out in 2 or 3rd gear. Once I reach high speeds it seems to drive ok. Even when I shift it manualy from 1 to 2 to 3 to Drive, it still stays in the same gear. I am wondering if anyone came tell me if a M20 transmision will fit an M50 motor?

Thanks

Reply to
beck74

Sounds like it's in limp home mode. Check there are full battery volts to the ECU.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)