AUX Jack

Does anyone know were I can find a cord to connect my Dell DJ to the aux input jack that is located in the arm rest. Seems that it should be a USB to Audio jack, But I cant find one.
TJ B

USB is a digital signal but an Aux. input jack is normally analog audio, so "USB to audio" isn't possible. You might want to take the Dell unit and your car to a Radio Shack as they may be able to ascertain the correct connectors.
Tom
"TJB" wrote

If the jack in the car is just a standard stereo mini jack (3.5mm) then the easiest thing to do would be to connected to your Dell DJ's headphone-out as it has the same kind of jack and the output is analog. A cable with two male jacks (one on each end) can be found at pretty much any electronics store.
Cheers,
Pete

All you need is a standard male to male 3.5mm stereo jack patch cord to take the signal from the headphone socket to whatever you're connecting to. The level may be a bit low, meaning you may have to max out the DJ's volume level, but it works just fine.
I have one patch cord (3') that I use for connecting my Dell DJ20 to the [installed myself] AUX input jack in the glovebox of my 2004 330CiC, another (3') I use to connect the DJ to the aux input on my motorcycle audio, and one (1' long) that I carry around for any other purpose. The 3' ones are audio accessories from Radio Shack, and the 1' one is a computer patch cord, also from Radio Shack.
Jon

Is the AUX jack factory installed? If it is, what models have them? I added one to my 2003 E39, the kit instructions said to put it in the glove box. Bad idea...arm rest good idea.
Yes..... AUX jack is factory installed 2006 - 330i It is in the arm rest next to a 12volt power plug.

added

2 items on my wish list...an aux in and a 12v power supply right where you need them.