AUX Jack

Does anyone know were I can find a cord to connect my Dell DJ to the aux input jack that is located in the arm rest. Seems that it should be a USB to Audio jack, But I cant find one.

TJ B

Reply to
TJB

USB is a digital signal but an Aux. input jack is normally analog audio, so "USB to audio" isn't possible. You might want to take the Dell unit and your car to a Radio Shack as they may be able to ascertain the correct connectors.

Tom

Reply to
Tom K.

"TJB" wrote

If the jack in the car is just a standard stereo mini jack (3.5mm) then the easiest thing to do would be to connected to your Dell DJ's headphone-out as it has the same kind of jack and the output is analog. A cable with two male jacks (one on each end) can be found at pretty much any electronics store.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

All you need is a standard male to male 3.5mm stereo jack patch cord to take the signal from the headphone socket to whatever you're connecting to. The level may be a bit low, meaning you may have to max out the DJ's volume level, but it works just fine.

I have one patch cord (3') that I use for connecting my Dell DJ20 to the [installed myself] AUX input jack in the glovebox of my 2004 330CiC, another (3') I use to connect the DJ to the aux input on my motorcycle audio, and one (1' long) that I carry around for any other purpose. The

3' ones are audio accessories from Radio Shack, and the 1' one is a computer patch cord, also from Radio Shack.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Maurer

Is the AUX jack factory installed? If it is, what models have them? I added one to my 2003 E39, the kit instructions said to put it in the glove box. Bad idea...arm rest good idea.

Reply to
Alphageek

Yes..... AUX jack is factory installed

2006 - 330i It is in the arm rest next to a 12volt power plug.

Reply to
TJB

2 items on my wish list...an aux in and a 12v power supply right where you need them.
Reply to
Alphageek