Aux ventilation triggers alarm

Hi,

My 2002 E39 530dA touring is equipped with the Aux. Ventilation option which is a nice feature when parking the car in direct sun. However, it tends to set off the alarm when running - quite annoying feature!

Any suggestions on how to avoid that??

** Lars
Reply to
Lars Knudsen

Josh Assing

Good idea - but how would I do that?

** Lars
Reply to
Lars Knudsen

Depending on the alarm; there's either a dial (pot) or switch to make it less sensitive -- locate the alarm unit & check it out -- also; if you have the alarm manual; look in that.

Josh Assing

Okay - thanks. I checked out the manual yesterday and it does not mention it. However, there is a trick to disengage the glass break / interior motion detector seperately. It is done by pushing the lock button on the key's remote twice - and I think that will do the trick.

** Lars
Reply to
Lars Knudsen